Do you have some time to spare, and you want to help bats? Volunteering your time at the Organization for Bat Conservation might be right for you!
Here at the Organization for Bat Conservation we depend on a dedicated volunteer team to assist our staff in the daily tasks that make it possible for us to continue to educate the public about some of the world’s most misunderstood night creatures. There are many ways that you can get involved in helping us here at our facility in Bloomfield Hills, MI!
You can help:
- In our office. OBC is a self –supporting not for profit organization and all of our funding comes from grants, live animal programs, donations, memberships and merchandise sales. Managing all of those things takes time and energy. If you like to work in an office environment, and want to help our organization this might be a good fit for you!
- As a Volunteer Animal Keeper. You can help care for the over 150 animals that we house at the Organization for Bat Conservation’s “Bat Zone.” This is a wonderful way that you can directly impact the lives of our animal ambassadors. This job ranges from cage cleaning and food preparation, to assisting with monthly health checks. This is a messy job, but a rewarding one that allows our volunteers to really get to know what goes in the care of these amazing animals!
- At Special Events! Do you like fairs and festivals? Do you like interacting with the public? This could be the volunteer job for you. The Organization for Bat Conservation is involved with several special events throughout the year, and we could use your help.
- At the Great Lakes Bat Festival! This exciting annual event is a wonderful way to reach a lot of people in one fun filled day. With events running all day long you could help make the Great Lakes Bat Festival a huge success!
- In our Education Department. Do you have a background in education? Do you like to work with the public? Maybe you would like to help support our Education Department and help impact the public opinion about bats!
If you’re interested in being part of our volunteer program please contact Amanda Felk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.